Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. It has over 2 billion active users, and that number continues to grow every day. So why is Facebook marketing so important? Here are five reasons why you should be using it for your business: 1. Reach a Massive Audience With over […]
How Many PR Stories Should You Secure in a Month, and What Type of PR Is the Best?
As a public relations worker, securing as many stories as possible to build your portfolio and increase your visibility is essential. However, you wouldn’t want to spread yourself too thin and secure low-quality stories. So, how many PR stories should you aim for in a month? And what type of public relations is the best?
How Many PR Stories Should You Secure in A Month to See Results?
The number of PR stories you should secure in a month to see results depends on the stories' quality. One low-quality story is not going to do much for your career. But suppose you can secure one high-quality story that generates a lot of buzz. In that case, that will be much more beneficial for your public relations career. So, aim for quality over quantity.
What Type of PR is the Best for Your Business - Earned, Paid, or Owned?
There are three types of public relations - earned, paid, and owned. And each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Earned public relations is when you secure media coverage through press releases, pitch emails, or building relationships with journalists.
The advantage of this type of PR is that it's free. But the disadvantage is that it can be time-consuming to build relationships with journalists and get their attention.
Paid public relations is when you buy advertising space in a publication or website
The advantage of this type of PR is that it's guaranteed placement. But the disadvantage is that it can be expensive, and there's no guarantee that people will read your ad.
Owned public relations is when you create content, such as blog posts, infographics, or videos
The advantage of this type of PR is that you have complete control over the message and distribution. But the disadvantage is that producing high-quality content can be time-consuming and expensive.
So, which type of public relations is the best? The answer is that it depends on your goals and budget. Paying PR is the way to go if you want guaranteed placement. But earned PR is the better option if you want to build relationships with journalists or generate buzz. And if you want complete control over your message and distribution, then owned PR is the best choice.
No matter which type of public relations you choose, the most important thing is to be strategic and focus on quality over quantity. Following these tips can secure the best PR stories for your career.
How Do You Know if a Story is Worth Pursuing?
The best way to know if a story is worth pursuing is to ask yourself if it's newsworthy. Is it something that would be of interest to your target audience? If the answer is yes, then it's worth pursuing. But if the answer is no, you should move on to another story.
What Are Some Tips for Writing a Great Pitch Email?
Here are some tips for writing a great pitch email:
- Keep it short and to the point. Journalists are busy people who don't have time to read long emails. So, get to the point quickly.
- Personalize your email. Address the journalist by name and explain why you think they would be interested in your story. You may even go as far as commending their work.
- Include all the essential details. What's the newsworthy angle? Why is it timely? Who are the key players involved?
- Offer to provide additional information. If you have more information that would be helpful, offer to provide it. This shows you're willing to go above and beyond to help the journalist.
- Follow up. If you don't hear back from the journalist, follow up with a polite email. They may have just been busy, and your story got lost in the shuffle.
The Benefits of Securing Multiple Types of PR Placements
There are many benefits to securing multiple types of PR placements. Here are a few:
- It helps you reach a wider audience. By securing placements in various outlets, you'll be able to reach a larger audience with your message.
- It increases your credibility. Suppose you can get your story placed in multiple outlets. In that case, it will increase your credibility in the eyes of your target audience.
- It helps you build relationships with journalists. By working with numerous journalists, you'll be able to build strong relationships that can benefit you in the future.
- It increases your chances of being featured in a major outlet. If you can secure multiple placements, it will increase your chances of being featured in a major outlet, leading to even more exposure.
No matter your goals, securing multiple PR placements is a great way to increase your visibility and reach your target audience. So start pitching those stories and see where it takes you!
What's The Best Way to Measure the Success of Your PR Campaign?
The best way to measure the success of your PR campaign is to set goals at the beginning and then track your progress throughout the campaign. Did you reach your target audience? Have you secure the placements you wanted? Did you see an increase in sales or web traffic? You'll track your progress and see what's working and what's not. And you can adjust your strategy accordingly to ensure you're getting the most out of your PR campaign.
There you have it! These are just a few tips to help you secure the best PR stories for your career. So, get out there and start pitching! And don't forget to measure your success along the way.
To help you more about digital marketing, I need you to check this eBook I've created about the 10 things that I'VE WISHED I had known when I started marketing. If you are or are not in the same place, you must read this. Get the eBook here.