Digital marketing is a complicated field that is constantly changing. There is a new tool or strategy to try out every day. As a marketer, it can take a lot of work to keep up with the latest trends and technologies and find the time to test them. So, we made a list of essential […]
Everything You Need to Know About Pinterest Marketing
Pinterest has evolved so much from just a social networking platform. Nowadays, it is widely used for visual searches, productivity, and, most importantly, marketing. Pinterest marketing has shown promising results in increasing brand awareness.
What is Pinterest Marketing?
As the name suggests, Pinterest marketing is using the social media platform to market your company in the online space. It involves strategic tactics so that you can:
- Reach new audiences
- Grow your online presence
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Encourage conversations with your customers
- Achieve your desired actions from your audiences
Pinterest marketing is increasingly on the rise evidently. In 2021, this platform was reported to be the top 14th most used social media platform, with over 459 million active users per month. Additionally, 80% of users have reported discovering a new product while browsing pins.
This simply means that it is a lucrative place to reach your target audience and connect with them, mainly if your target audience includes Gen Z-ers and women who are the top users of the platform.
Pinterest Marketing Strategies You Should Try
- Formulate a strategy
Pinterest marketing is not so different from other platforms because you also need a strategy before executing your campaign. It is a massive waste of money and resources to jump right in without planning or forethought.
To formulate a strategy, follow these steps:
- Set SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely) goals
- Learn about the characteristics of the general users of Pinterest
- Learn about your brand’s target audience and how they behave on Pinterest
- Research more about what your competitors are doing on the platform.
- Generate social media calendars and generate Pinterest content for your brand
- Pin captivating content that creates interest and engagement
To pin compelling content, it helps to identify the numerous factors that make it up:
- Explore vertical imagery to cater to mobile users.
- Always use high-quality photos and videos.
- Employ descriptive copy to comply with SEO guidelines.
- Use text overlay to highlight the main point of your post.
- Make sure to employ tasteful branding on each and every post.
- Check to see if all of your links are actually working.
- Post consistently. Daily Pinning is found to be the most effective.
- Explore different Pin formats
Pinterest is primarily an image-sharing platform, but you do not have to limit yourself to posting images. Some brands generate video content or leverage one embodiment to contain numerous images.
Overall, these tips should help you launch a successful Pinterest marketing campaign. By following this guide, you can create impactful, Pin-worthy content that will deliver your desired results.
To help you more about digital marketing, I need you to check this eBook I've created about the 10 things that I'VE WISHED I had known when I started marketing. If you are or are not in the same place, you must read this. Get the eBook here.
If you want more up close and personal marketing strategies, advice, or an overhaul of your marketing structure, email us at email@example.com or schedule a call with Zack now.