Instagram Stories are a great way to connect with your audience and share snippets of your day-to-day life. However, if you're not getting the level of engagement you want, it can be frustrating. In this blog post, we will discuss 6 ways to boost Instagram Story engagement and get more people interacting with your content!
1. Use creative fonts and colors
One way to make your Stories stand out is by using creative fonts and colors. By doing this, you will grab people's attention and they will be more likely to watch your Story.
There are a few ways to do this:
- Use the built-in Instagram Story font options. To do this, simply go to your Settings and select 'Story Settings.’ From here, you can choose from a variety of fonts to use in your Stories.
- Use third-party apps like Canva or Adobe Spark to create custom Story templates with different fonts and colors.
- Add text directly to your photos or videos using the built-in editing tools in Instagram. To do this, select the 'Aa' icon at the top of your screen when creating a Story.
No matter which method you choose, adding fonts and colors to your Stories is an easy way to make them more engaging and visually appealing.
2. Tell a story with your posts
People love stories. When you're creating content for your Instagram Stories, think about ways that you can tell a story. This could be anything from sharing a behind-the-scenes look at your business to giving a sneak peek of a new product launch. By doing this, you will keep people interested in your Story and they will be more likely to stick around until the end.
Here are a few ideas for how you can tell a story with your Stories:
- Share a day in the life of your business. Give people a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into running your business.
- Share a customer story. If you have a satisfied customer, ask them if you can share their story on your Story. This is a great way to show off your product or service in action.
- Share a before and after. This could be anything from showing off a before and after of a project you're working on to sharing your own personal transformation story.
3. Add music or videos
Adding music or videos to your Stories is a great way to make them more engaging and fun to watch. People love watching videos, so this is an easy way to get more people interested in your Story.
There are a few different ways that you can add music or videos to your Story:
- Use the built-in music feature on Instagram. To do this, go to your Story and select the 'Music' icon at the top of your screen. From here, you can browse through a variety of songs and add them to your Story.
- Add videos from your camera roll. To do this, simply go to your Story and select the 'Upload' icon at the bottom of your screen. From here, you can choose a video from your camera roll to add to your Story.
- Use third-party apps like Splice or Quik to edit and create videos for your Story. These apps make it easy to add music, transitions, and other effects to your video.
4. Use polls and questions
Polls and questions are a great way to get people interacting with your Story. These features allow people to answer questions or vote on polls, which can help you learn more about your audience. Additionally, it helps to start a conversation and gets people talking about your content.
To use polls and questions in your Story, simply go to your Story and select the 'Poll' or 'Question' icon at the top of your screen. From here, you can ask a question or create a poll for people to answer. Be sure to add an engaging image or video to go along with your question or poll to get people's attention.
5. Post about current events or trends
People love seeing content that is relevant to what's going on in the world. When you post about current events or trends, you are more likely to get people engaged with your Story.
To find out what's trending, simply go to your Explore page and scroll through the 'Trending' section. From here, you can see what topics are currently trending on Instagram. You can then post about these topics in your Story to get people talking.
Just be sure to keep your content relevant and appropriate for your audience. Don't post about something just because it's trending if it doesn't make sense for your brand.
6. Tag other users in your posts
Tagging other users in your posts is a great way to get them involved with your Story. When you tag someone, their username appears on your post and they get a notification that they've been tagged. This helps to increase the reach of your Story and gets more people interested in what you're sharing.
To tag someone in your Story, simply go to your Story and select the 'Tag' icon at the bottom of your screen. From here, you can search for the person you want to tag and add their username to your post.
Overall, the best way to boost Instagram story engagement is to create relevant content that your audience will appreciate. Additionally, it helps to make the most out of the built-in features that Instagram has to offer.
To help you more, I need you to check this ebook I’ve created about the ten things that I’VE WISHED I had known when I started marketing. If you are or are not in the same place, you must read this. Get the ebook here.
Pretty sure that as an entrepreneur, you are well familiar with marketing strategies like SEO, Social Media and content marketing, etc. But if your business primarily targets a local audience, how do these strategies help your business grow? Local marketing can be a suitable answer. It is about enhancing your reach to a particular area […]
It's 2022, and social media is a huge part of our lives. In fact, many people say that social media has taken over traditional forms of communication like television and radio. As a business owner, it's crucial to stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends so that you can capitalize on them. This blog […]
The marketing industry is constantly evolving. We must be open to change and willing to adapt to keep up. The marketing industry 2.0 is all about authenticity and sustainability. We must focus on creating more authentic and engaging campaigns that promote consumer satisfaction. This blog post will discuss ways to improve the marketing industry 2.0 […]